You do this by defining the script URL as a custom HTML page that will receive all phonecall ID and then redirect to the phonecall itself. There is a sample of that initial custom page code here (view page source when it opens): dtAssociatedPhonecall.
The script URL is defined on a per DNIS (inbound) or queue (dialer outbound) basis, as shown below
- You will want to customise the phonecall form to improve legibility as the Scripting Pane is fixed at 33% of the parent window width.
- Alternatively, you could make a special phonecall form and specify the formid in the extraqs parameter of the URL you redirect to. You might also consider adding navbar=off&cmdbar=false to the URL to hide the navigation and command bars to give you more space.
- Test with your users to make sure autosave is working correctly, or they are happy to use a SAVE button.
- Using the Dynamics Telephony Client API, it is possible to make a Save & Close button that would save the phonecall and close the DT window.
- If users will enter notes, then define the default Phonecall Description as blank ( DT Menu > Settings > Advanced Configuration : Phonecall Description )
- Similarily the Phonecall Subject. ( DT Menu > Settings > Advanced Configuration : Phonecall Subject )