Dynamics Telephony has a unique Screen Transfer feature. Imagine user_1 transfers a caller to user_2. With this feature, as soon as user_2’s phone rings, even if user_1 is still on the line doing a Consult Transfer, user_2 will get a screen pop of the caller’s record in CRM that user_1 is looking at.
The unique thing about our implementation of Screen Transfer is that it works across phone systems. So, in the above example, even if user_1 and user_2 are on completely different phone systems, the Screen Transfer will still work. This is because the necessary data transfer is done via CRM, not the phone system.
NOTE, if the transfer is a Blind Transfer, then the normal screen pop feature will apply and pop a CRM record based on the callers number.
- The callers number presented to an user when a call is transferred to them by another user must be the internal extension number
- Each users internal extension number must be configured in their System User settings as either Main Phone, Other Phone or Pager.
The feature is triggered when a user receives a call from a number that is the same length or shorter than the number of digits configured as the Internal Extension Length. This triggers a search in CRM systemuser for an exact match on one of:
- Main Phone (address1_telephone1)
- Other Phone (address1_telephone2)
- Pager (address1_telephone3)
To check on the feature, you can check the value of UrlDisplayed (cts_urldisplayed) in entity dialerCall for the transferred call.