The FIRST time you install a client requires special procedures. Follow the instructions below.
What you will need:
- Telephony Registration Details (e.g. for SIP you need the SIP server/host, username and password)
- URL to your CRM instance. IMPORTANT: This URL must be correct. To get this URL, logon to your CRM in a browser. When logged on COPY the full address from the address bar and paste in step 5 below.
- Username and password for a Dynamics CRM user that has “System Administrator” role. This user is used in the background by Dynamics Telephony to peg statistics etc. We recommend you set up a dedicated user for this purpose. This user is referred to as dt_user below
- Once you have the above, the install will take less than 10 minutes.
NOTE: Use ALT+TAB to find the install window if you move away from it
- Go to the link sent to you in your contract email and click Install Now to download the click-once installer (setup.exe).
- You may be prompted to install Visual C++ Runtime before the main install of Dynamics Telephony, if it is not already present on your PC.
- Run the installer, and follow on-screen instructions. It takes less than a minute. Depending on your virus checker and environment, you may have to click to trust the publisher a few times.
- Dynamics Telephony starts automatically. You may have to use Alt+TAB to find it as it is not on the task bar at this stage.
- Enter the base CRM URL determined in “What you will need” above in the screen shown
- Only for first time install of the first client, enter username and password as shown below. Once Dynamics Telephony connects to the server it will create the Dynamics Telephony tables and dashboards in your Dynamics CRM instance.
NOTE: If this step has been done before, then all the fields in the screen above will auto-fill once you enter the CRM URL and click/tab out of that field.
- This part takes about 10 minutes. You will see progress messages such as this one…
- Once installation completes, from within Dynamics Telephony, logon to Dynamics CRM as a normal user, (not the “dt_user”, although this is allowed).
- Go to Menu > Settings, in the default (General Settings) tab, select the type of telephony provider you want to use (Default is SIP).
- Then click the Provider Account tab. Fill in your own Specific telephony settings as highlighted below. Make a test call to verify connectivity.
- If you have Windows Firewall running, you may be presented with an “Allow Access” dialog. You must allow this access for Dynamics Telephony to run.
- Restart the client and make a test call