In Dynamics Telephony you can save all your frequently used contacts in your Phone Book. Then you can one-click call, or transfer to, these contacts. Also, the contacts in the Phone Book can be monitored for Presence – see here for more details.
NOTE: You can configure the number of columns your Phone Book displays using Menu > Settings > General Settings > Phonebook Columns
Sharing the one Phone Book
If you want, you can easily use the same Phone Book for all users. This way, when you edit the Phone Book (see below), all users automatically get the updated Phone Book.
You could set up one Phone Book for all users, or one for each group.
- On each agents PC, edit (using Notepad) the following file (in the App Directory):
- Locate the setting PhoneBookFile and set it to the file you want to use. For example,
<setting name=”PhoneBookFile” serializeAs=”String”>
- Restart the Dynamics Telephony client.
NOTE: If you use Dynamics Telephony client to open the Phone Book and edit it, it will edit this shared file. So you might want to restrict access to this file using the Dynamics Telephony > Settings > Admin Only Access
IMPORTANT: You MUST keep a backup of the DynamicsTelephony.exe.config file as this file can be overwritten when Dynamics Telephony is updated. You can use the same file for all users
Editing the Phone Book
- The Phone Book is contained in a text file on each users PC (or at a shared location). To open yours, go to Menu > Phone Book
- These are the XML node descriptions:
- <TeamMember>…</TeamMember> This delineates a single contact in your Phone Book
- <id>12</id> This is not required. If it is in your phonebook you should remove it
must be unique for each contact, if you have it.
- <name>John Russell</name> This is the text displayed for the contact.
- <uri>sip:email@example.com</uri> -or-
<uri>6135551212</uri> This is the phone number or SIP address of the contact. Use SIP address if you want presence information.
- <presence>false</presence> This is not required and you can remove it. Specifies if Dynamics Telephony should try and get Presence information for this contact. Set to False unless you know you can get Presence for this contact.
Sample ( without presence )
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <PhoneBook xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <Contacts> <TeamMember> <uri>2000</uri> <name>Reception</name> </TeamMember> <TeamMember> <uri>2002</uri> <name>Gregorie</name> </TeamMember> <TeamMember> <uri>2003</uri> <name>Anne</name> </TeamMember> </Contacts> </PhoneBook>