Dynamics Telephony can apply a special prefix on a per call basis to dialed calls. This helps solve the following use cases:
- You want to make calls to customers using a special Callers Number (CLID) – e.g. to reflect your various Brands or Programs
- You want to make calls to customers using a Callers Number (CLID) that is local to the customer – so they see it as a call from their region.
- You want to make certain calls withholding your Callers Number (CLID)
- You need to prefix calls so they are billed to a specific department, project or customer.
Setting it up
- Have your PBX or Phone Company set the CLID based on a dial prefix. This is available from most PBXs and phone companies. This includes a special prefix for withholding your Callers Number.
- Set up Dynamics Telephony to dynamically assign a dial prefix. this is covered in the following notes.
Default Dial Prefix
The Dynamics Telephony setting “Provider Configuration > External Dial Prefix” is used as the default dial prefix. This will be used if a prefix has not been determined by the rules set out below.
Per Customer Dial Prefix
This is achieved by setting a value in the customer record that can be mapped to a prefix to use.
For example, you might have a optionset that you set (perhaps using a workflow) to a value like North, South, East or West. Then, in Dynamics Telephony, you configure North to use prefix “60”, South to use “61”, etc.
Prefix Map in DialerKV table
You set up the prefix mappings in Dynamics Telephony CRM entity, DialerKVTable. You can setup as many as you need, as follows:
key: entity_name.field_name=value, e.g. contact.new_region=north
type: <leave blank>
value: the_prefix_to_use, e.g. 63
TIP: If you are using click-to-dial on a phone number that is displayed in a lead or case, but defined in some other entity (like account or contact), then the field to map the prefix is in the displayed entity (i.e. lead or case)
Phone Book & Prefixes
Generally, the default prefix will be added automatically when dialing a number from Phonebook. To prevent this and apply a different prefix, use the following notation: “69;6125551212″. This notation is to tell Dynamics Telephony that a prefix has already been applied and not to apply the default one.
For calling in anonymous mode, you would probably use a phonebook entry
For calling customers using the prefix, you must use click-to-dial in the entity configured in DialerKVTable.key above
Dialing from the dialbox, and normal phonebook entries, will use the default Dial Prefix. You can dial from the dialbox, or phonebook entries, with prefix if the number includes the prefix in semi-colon format discussed above – e.g. “69;6125551212″.